Day 1: Mekelle-Drive to Hamedela
We will pick you from the airport or your hotel then we will be driving to Hamedela passing through the wonderful landscapes of Tigray then we will stop at the town of Hamedela for lunch and processing the permit later drive to Dllol for suneast view.
Day 2: Hamedela-Mekele-Departure
This Morning tour Drive to Ragad (Asebo), the place where the localities are mining salt. Look the activity of breaking the salt from the ground, cutting in to rectangular pieces and loading on camels.
You drive ahead to Dallol and visit the difference landscape formed by volcanic activity, Dallol + Lake Assal + camel caravans. Excursion to Dallol (116 meter below sea level, one of the lowest places in the world) colorful salts mining, visit Lake Assal, follow up camel caravans and walk with the Afar people. Drive back to Hamedela and proceed to Mekele then transfer to you the airport or hotel.
What do you need ?
- Light ( for walking in the night)
- Small backpack for the trek to the top of the volcano
- Closed, comfortable shoes (trekking shoes)
- Sun glasses
- Sun protection like sun cream, hat
- Sleeping bag, pillow or blanket (It can be provided by our company )